Up North, at Peace is a place for us to remember and celebrate Joel Ray Marsh, the inspiring man, son, brother, friend, who now watches us for each and everyone of us, and greets those we love as they join him in heaven.

Here's to a life well lived...

Monday, May 7, 2012

Canvas Prints for Mom & Dad

Joel and I wanted to get mom and dad something special for Christmas last year, so before Thanksgiving I found a deal on the internet that offered canvas printing for cheap!  I sent the deal to Buck quickly in an email and said that we should get one, or maybe two, for Mom and Dad for Christmas.  Joel first asked the practical question, "do they have room for two?"  I told him they did, and then we agreed to buy them as gifts.

I have to say that it was not typical of us to buy a Christmas present before Thanksgiving - but I'm sure glad we took the initiative.  Joel and I didn't have the chance to discuss what photos we were going to put on the canvas, but talked about pictures of Lake Eva and we knew that we wanted the canvas prints to go on the wall at a cabin up north.

I know Joel wouldn't agree with being the center of attention, but I thought he deserved to be on the canvas prints because he was so closely connected to the gifts.  Don't worry Buck, we will indeed hang them up north as discussed - one at Buck's camp and one at Lake Eva.  Here are the pictures I chose...

Joel on the Pontoon at Lake Eva

Joel getting ready for work at Camp Fence...


I look forward to remembering our emails back and forth and planning to buy mom and dad Christmas presents.  Although Joel only ate McChickens at McDonalds in order to save a dime, he didn't ever think twice about the cost when it game to gifts.  It's always - "sure, just buy it"!  The only thing that the presents are missing is being wrapped in brown paper bags from Don's Quality Market - that's how Joel always wrapped his Christmas presents... on Christmas morning!

Take care and enjoy the warm days of summer ahead!

Alyce

No comments:

Post a Comment