Up North, at Peace is a place for us to remember and celebrate Joel Ray Marsh, the inspiring man, son, brother, friend, who now watches us for each and everyone of us, and greets those we love as they join him in heaven.

Here's to a life well lived...

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Buck!

It was 26 short years ago that baby buck was born.  At that time, I think we still called him Joel.  He fought so hard and was tough as nails while the doctors worked out a solution to allow him to leave the hospital and breath independently.  Joel was the ultimate trouper!

Since Joel's birth, we have shared many laughs, wonderful times and ice cream cakes together on Joel's Birthday.  (Joel loved the crunchy fudge in the DQ ice cream cakes... I mean, who doesn't?)  I think last year we were eating off of his birthday cake in the freezer for months!  Before that, I would eat the vanilla ice cream and save the crunchies for Joel, what a sister ey?

Leaning in to blow out the candles - 1988.

Dancing with mom at our house on Isaar Road!

I wanted to add a few photos to give Joel a little shout out.  Man he was a fiery little youngster, always wearing his button collar shirts and running around without a care in the world.  I mean, there are only a few people I know that can pull off yellow trousers as well as Joel!

Joel at Jen's for his Birthday!  Birthday boys get good specials, and the necklace!

We look forward to celebrating this day each year and taking some time to reflect on what an amazing life and boy was born on 2/27/86.

Happy Birthday Joel!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to stop by and wish a very special young man a happy birthday. even though he is no longer with us physically he will forever remain in our hearts. I will never forget the time he road with me when I came back to Texas for vacation. I do not believe i have ever seen 1 young man like root beer as much as him.
    We had a running joke for as long as I can remember. When ever I would see him, no matter where it was, I would ask him if he drove to where ever it was we were and it gave him great delight when he could finally tell me yes he did.
    JoeBuck,I miss ya young man.
    Timmer

    ReplyDelete